Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I got up at 6 this morning to run.

Hey everybody! Look at me!

Actually, I am quite proud. For the past week or so I've set my alarm for this early morning rise but pushed snooze every time. Two times I accidentally turned off the alarm and was almost late to work. Ooops.

But this morning...

i
got
up

yesssssssss

I had been resting my knees since my doctor visit last week. I have a big painful bump at the top of my tibia. Doc said it's an overuse injury and labeled it a form of tendinitis. the pain usually went away after the first mile, so I had continued to run. I really don't know how that happened. I had been doing a very gradual mileage increase.

But when I couldn't climb the stairs at work, I made the appointment.

The run this morning was pain free, and even now... I feel great.

WHOOP!!! (look, I'm whooping again)

1 comment:

robin said...

6 in the morning
howdoyoudoit, friend
i have no motivation whatsoever that early in the morning
:)