Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We went Christmas caroling at nursing homes tonight.
Truthfully, I didn't want to go. There's a lot to be done at work and at home, and little time to do it. I went up to the church and when I realized I was the first one there, almost turned around and went home. Instead I talked to my brother on the phone and held my horses. Not because I wanted to, but because I knew they were expecting me to drive.

I stayed because it was "responsible."

But achieved responsibility has nothing to do with the reason why I had an outstanding time.

Because I did.

I had an outstanding, so wonderful, I-can't-believe-I-almost-missed-it time. Yep.

I'm not sure why I'm continuously surprised to have an awesome time when doing something for others. Example: A few weeks ago Katherine and I went to the Renaissance Festival using free tickets my boss gave me. We had eight and set to giving the extra six away in the parking lot. Seeing the people smile was most definitely more fun than the actual park.

Example: tonight.

I lovelovelovelove to love people. I love for people to know that they're cared for. Our group was not necessarily the best singers, but the folks there didn't care. They sang along, smiled, and even if some weren't completely there mentally, gave some sort of physical emotion to show that they were having a good time.

A good time :)

Ah, I like good times.

That's all really. Bring on the good times.

3 comments:

robin said...

you are great at loving people, friend. :)
i like this post. i know the feeling.

deepnblue said...

So...this really had nothing to do with this post, although after reading it, it might fit!

I know you were thinking of coming to Denver with a friend and spending more time here...would it be possible to develop some sort of stort on the Denver Aggies branch of the Aggie Alumni network? I'm not the journalist, so that's as far as my brain takes me. But I thought...if you could...maybe the Association could help with your travel expenses!

;-) Just thinking outside the expensive box! I love you, my friend.

Kat said...

ooh bring us some figgy pudding!!

you bring me love all the time... and i thank you for it from the bottom of my beating heart...

but i would really like some figgy pudding...