Sunday, November 1, 2009

You know those mornings where you are so overwhelmed, so filled to the top, so saturated, so full of cake-and-ice-cream joy?
where you feel so grateful just for a new day
and you’re sure the sunrise is prettier
the air smells cleaner
your breakfast is tastier
your muscles feel stronger
what you touch has weight
what you hear is a song
… and your chest hurts from holding in tears of thankfulness.
Do you know?
Me, too.

So, I’m going to dedicate myself to the discipline of being thankful during this season of thanks. Where, everyday, I’ll say what I’m thankful for.
Long.
Short.
Meaningful.
Or only meaningful to me.
And today, Nov. 1, I’m so very thankful that I used my extra hour of sleep to hang out with Alicia, Anne, Todd and Kelli. I’m quite thankful for that Alicia-Boo and Anne-girl. They make me laugh and grow. One makes me yummy food and the other one pretends to be an animal for a hearty laugh. I don’t know what I would do without them.
For real.

No comments: