Sunday, August 26, 2007

Short one... only two miles.

I ran without headphones, hoping I could spend that time praying.

It's just 20 minutes and with no ringing phone or television -- No big deal, right?

Yeah, right...

Do you know how hard it is to stay focused?

I watched other runners on the track. I inspected the stands and stadium lights. I thought about the pending football season and how a mosquito just bit my leg.

All this is zippy zapping around my brain at the same time.

Finally, I'd had enough.

And I said, "Hi God."

Did I just say hi to God? Gah, you're so stupid Stephanie. Oh, well, I already starting this thing... might as well talk about a good one...

"So, what do you have planned for me, Lord?"

And scripture popped into my head... "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness..."

Cringe. How often do I do that?

Do I have to answer here?

If so, it's not so often.

No comments: