Friday, March 7, 2008

I haven't run in a week. I could pile up some excuses, but... the point is no runs. Six days.
Boo.
Baa.
MerrMerr.

I knew that my afternoons would be full this week, so I set my alarm for 6 a.m. Monday morning and never changed it.

Did I run early? Did my persistence work?

Uh, no. I continuously turned off the alarm and slept an extra hour. The one time I did actually get up, rain got the best of me less than a mile in, and I turned back.

So, anyway, I was praying yesterday for my family and friends, and that I would get back to running... be alive in the day... use His strength he offers to me... that kind of stuff.

Well this morning, somehow a pillow knocked over a mug of hot tea I had been drinking last night. It spilt all over the carpet and the books I had piled beside my bed.

I jumped up, moved the books away from the dripping, and ran to grab a towel. Guess what time it was. 5:59 a.m.

I could not stop laughing.

P.S.-- I don't take pictures like I did in the olden days. So, I'm posing a challenge for myself. Take at least one picture every day. I'm going to expand my creativity and the way I look at photos and words.

It's going to be a mighty gut experiment.

All in, raise your hand.

No comments: