Friday, August 21, 2009

I got up and ran this morning.

The plan was to go to the gym, but half way into my drive and half way to the bottom of my breakfast, I realized… I forgot my shirt.

I’ve forgotten my shoes before. That was doable. Most of my pant legs are long. It works well with heels… and when you must wear shower shoes to work.

But, a shirt?

That’s more than long pants can help.

So I turned around.

Finished my breakfast.

And ran outside.

I’m glad.

Otherwise I wouldn’t have heard this:

THUMPthump THUMPthump THUMPthump.

My feet don’t make noises on the treadmill. Well, they do, but the motor noises and grunts from the weight lifters drown it out.

I like it.

THUMPthump THUMPthump.

I found it odd that my right leg had a louder thump.

So I switched my stride.

thumpTHUMP thumpTHUMP.

And wouldn’t you know it?

That entertained me through three miles.

:-)

1 comment:

deepnblue said...

Hahahahahaha...you are such a special girl! I love how easily entertained you are! Such little things you can make into wonderful stories!