Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kate and I had plans to meet at the gym this morn'.

When the alarm went off, it was reallllllly early. The sun had yet to say hello. The birds were still snoozing in their nests. I couldn't even hear a rooster crowing. (Never mind I live in town; the crow of a rooster carries. :-) )

So, I told myself... "Self, count to ten, then get your rear in gear."

I said, "Good idea, self. I'm going to count backward."

ten
nine
eight
seven
six
fiiivvv... and I fell back asleep.

I woke up with a start about 20 minutes later.

The sun had said hello, the birds were chirping a morning song, and I'm sure, somewhere, the roosters were growing hoarse.

Oops :-)

Still had Kate and gym-time; it was just a bit truncated. :-)

1 comment:

tamara said...

i do that exact same thing. yes i do.